One of my favourite French dessert. 🇫🇷 The real profiteroles are with ice cream and NOT custard cream.
Ingredients: 9 choux, 3 people
- 12 cl water
- 40 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 75 g flour
- Pinch of salt
- Vanilla ice cream
- 150 g dark pastry chocolate
- A bit of cream
- Few spoons of flaked almonds
- In a pan, boil the water and the butter (cut in small pieces).
- Once the mix has boiled, remove from the heat, add the flour in one time and mix vigorously.
- After few minutes it should form a ball. This one should easily come off from the pan sides. Put the pan back on top of the heater for few seconds to dry the ball a bit, super quick!
- Place the dough in a bowl. Add a first egg, mix vigorously until it’s perfectly incorporated into the dough.
- Repeat with the second egg.
- When your dough is soft but not too fluid form 9 small balls on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Leave some space between them. I do it with the spoon but you can use a pipping bag if you want really perfect “choux “.
- Bake in pre heat oven at 200 ° C for 15 minutes, then lower to 180 ° C for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool down.
- To set up the profiteroles make sure all is ready as timing is pretty important if you don’t want your ice cream to melt and your chocolate sauce to set again.
- Cut each chou in two and place a big spoon of vanilla ice cream in the middle. Place back the top part.
- For the chocolate sauce, melt the chocolate in a pan and add some cream at the end to make it more liquid.
- Pour delicately the chocolate sauce on top of each chou and on the side for decoration.
- Sprinkle some flaked almonds to finish!
- Eat straight away before the ice cream melts!