One of my favorite food ever. I eat crêpes I think at least once every two weeks. It’s a Sunday evening tradition: crêpes with only sweet, not healthy but I love it 🇫🇷 😋 My two favorites are sugar + cinnamon and dark chocolate (melt directly on top of the crêpe in the pan) + shredded coconut.
Ingredients: around 14 crêpes
- 250 g plain flour – do not use wholemeal flour
- 3 eggs
- 500 ml milk – I often use almond milk, not a soft and golden than with normal milk but I like it!
- 5g butter – it makes them so much softer
- 1 pinch of salt
- Optional: 2 tbsp of dark rhum
- Start by melting the butter in the microwave in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and the flour. Mix well.
- Then slowly add the milk little by little.
- Add a pinch of salt and the rhum if you use some.
- You should obtain a very smooth batter without lumps at all.
- Optional: Keep your mixture aside for few hours under a towel – it will make the crêpes softer.
- Heat a crêpe pan and pour one ladle of the batter onto the pan. Tip and rotate pan to spread batter as thinly as possible.
- Brown on both sides.
- Optional: if you want to keep them warm you can place the plate with crêpes on top of a pan with boiling water and covered with aluminium foil.
- Serve hot with Nutella, sugar, cinnamon, honey, jam…
Some crêpes recipes contain sugar or butter but the real one is only these 3 basic ingredients!